Δευτέρα 20 Σεπτεμβρίου 2010

D.I.Y. Tin & Paper iPhone Cradle

I like my iPhone 3GS & I love having the FlipTime app on when I work - helps me keep track of time. But I need to be able to see it so a cradle for the iPhone is needed.

IMG_0685

There are several that are available here & there so one can obviously buy one, but I have no money for that right now so -while trying to avoid work- I decided to make one.

My first (easiest) choice was paper, so I took a paper box (from a glass paperweight bought from the Tokyo National Museum some 6 years ago) & I stapled the bottom inside the top with 4 staples (for stability) creating a 90 degree corner as shown in the pictures.

IMG_1134

IMG_1135

IMG_1136

IMG_1137

IMG_1138


To hide the staples I put some Hazard tape on it & voila! The cradle is ready! It will hold the iphone & will display the whole screen.

IMG_1139

IMG_1140

IMG_0683

IMG_0684


The next move was to create a tin one (for the other desk) using a fisherman's friend tin box (although you can use any kind of box).

IMG_1141

Initially I thought of making 4 small holes & using wire to keep the lid open at a 90 degree angle but it seemed a bit messy to do that. So instead I used some velcro I had.

IMG_1145

I used 2 pieces of velcro sticker on the inside of the box and then I use a strip of double sided velcro to stick on those pieces & hold the thing together. IMG_1146

As you can see it also works perfectly fine holding the iPhone to it's place.

IMG_0682

IMG_0680

IMG_0679

IMG_1142

IMG_0681

Nothing fancy but it came in handy & saved me some money. I think these cradles are compatible with iPhone 4 as well :P

IMG_1148 IMG_1143

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου